Christchurch Travel Blog

Today we are leaving for Timaru but first of all we are spending the day at Orana Wildlife park.

We arrived at the park and waited for the coordinater Jenny who then drove us down to the Cheetah cub enclosure. There are 3 males and 1 female. We then meet the Graham who is the keeper. Then we entered the enclosure. Wow, what a great feeling!!!!!

The cheetahs were watching us but had no problems with us entering as they were happily playing with Graham. We watched the play and interaction of the cheetahs with each other and Graham. We were also able to stroke the cheetahs although being aware of their moods at all times. I asked the keeper before stroking any of the cubs as he would obviously be able to read their moods a lot easier than we could. It was great fun and we were there for about 45minutes.

Jenny then drove us to the giraffe enclosure so that we would make it thier for the feeding time. We then strolled up to the cafe for our  lunch. After that we went to look at a couple of other animals and the native Kea's in their new enclosure. They are very mischeivious!        Then it was time to go into the Lion enclosure. I went in with May and Frank while Andrew stayed on the outside.

We survived!!!!!!!!!! Then went to have a cold drink. May and I left the boys and went to see the rhinosorus up close before going back to the cheetah enclosure where they were doing a 'cheetah run'. The cheetah's didn't run very fast or far as it was too hot.

Then it was time for us to leave and head for Timaru. We arrived there just after 6pm. We are staying here for 2 nights with my sister in laws cousin (although my sister in law is not with us). We talked and brought our luggage in and then had a beautiful dinner. Our hosts had also driven back from Christchurch this afternoon as they had spent a few days with thier daughter. We were all tired so decided to call it a night. We had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this blog featured today! Nicely done!
Posted on: Feb 21, 2010