My butt hurts!

San Francisco Travel Blog

My butt hurts, but not in an inappropriate way!  Today we headed into the city and to Blazing Saddles bike rental at Pier 41.  After getting our bikes, we went down to Pier 33 in hopes of getting tickets to Alcatraz.  No Luck!  First tour time they had available was 11:30 tomorrow morning!  I’m sad we won’t be able to see it due to our flights.  Oh well, gives us a reason to come back.

We started biking twords the Golden Gate Bridge.  I really underestimated how hard it is to bike hills!  We headed up several winding hills along the bay on the way, stopping for a few photo ops of course.

We first headed past the Presidio along Crissy Field to Fort Point Lookout, which gave us an amazing view of the underside of the bridge.

Then we turned around and headed up yet another super steep hill.  I never realized how out of shape I am until now!  Maybe I should do more sports than kickball… nah.

The bridge ride was well worth the pain I’m in now and I’m happy I did it but I think I’ll stick to the flat even ground of NOLA, at least on bike.  At the end of the bridge it was on to Sausalito.

Once there, we locked up our bikes and did a little window-shopping.  Sausalito is a really cute little town but rather overpriced.  We stopped into a little Irish pub for a beer before continuing to explore the city.  After lunch at a small pizzeria, we took the Blue & Gold Ferry from Sausalito back to Pier 41.  We had planned on keeping the bikes all day but the hills killed us and my bottom is really sore because I don’t have enough cushion for sitting on that saddle.

The trip was only 8 miles but it felt like so much longer!

We then decided to hop in the car and head to Golden Gate Park.  We saw ads for an exhibition of Vivian Westwood on the way but when we got to the de Young Museum, it was closed.  We then went to the Japanese Tea Garden.  It was full of bonsai trees, rock gardens and pagodas.  I really love Japanese architecture.  Japan is defiantly on my list of places to travel to.

We left the park and headed for Japantown for sushi.  I can’t think of a better place in San Francisco to get sushi than Japantown.  Will laughed at the way I pick my sushi restaurants; if Asians aren’t dining there, neither am I.  We ended up eating at Miyako and we were not disappointed.  We found out later the restaurant is even in my Top 10 book.  We grabbed some local wine at the UN Mart and it was back to the hotel.  We’re tired!  G’Night!