what made me surprised

Victoria Falls Travel Blog

Shoe strings
When I arrived at the airport in Victoria falls, there was a long queue for the passport control since only one gate was opened. So I decided to go to a toilet instead of waiting so long. There was only 1 toilet and the door was broken. The problem was that the distance between toilet seat and the door is too long, more than 2m and no one could hold the door sitting. I couldn't believe it. Who made this toilet like this. Only 1 seat in a big room. Anyway, I asked a woman next me to help me.

"Go to Shoe Strings and you'll get everything you need to" That's what a traveller I met in Johannesburg told me and I followed the advice.

The staffs in that hostel were friendly and really helpful. They exchanged the money for me at the street rate. I checked the bank rate and it was 1/10 compared to the street rate. What made me surprised more is that the note had a valid date. As far as I remember, it's validated only 3 months. That means every 3 month it changes its value.

Maybe that's why local people didn't believe thier currency and were pleased to get US dollar. It must be so hard to live if money is not credible.
tacco14 says:
hahaha. I don't know how much they can withdraw money at one time. I guess they need many times to get enough money...
Posted on: Feb 04, 2010
almond72 says:
No wonder people make withdrawals using guns instead of ATM cards !
Posted on: Jan 30, 2010