a day in peninsula

Cape Town Travel Blog

Hout bay
To be there, at the cape of good hope is one of my dream and I can't miss it. I was thinking to rent a car to drive myself but it would be much more fun to be in a tour to see around with another travellers so I did. I took a tour visiting around in peninsula, which costed me 335ZAR.

Firstly we took a boat at the Hout bay to see seals on Duiker island. I always think they seem to be lazy, lying down on the rocks, doing sunbathing and jumping into the sea to get cool and eat fishes. What a lazy life..
The second place is the boulders beach to see penguins, close to simon's town.
seals on Duiker island
I love penguins! They are so cute. I can't count how many photos I took there. At the street near the beach there is a street sign which shows you "caution! penguin!" same as the one in Australia "caution! Kangaloo!". Maybe this is for only tourist, but I liked it.

We had lunch at a beach near to cape of good hope. While we were eating, we had to keep eyes on the baboons not to be taken anything. The driver told us they take everything, especially small bags, because they believe something to eat should be inside in small bags.

After the lunch, we arrived at the sign of the cape of good hope.  Of course I took a pic of me here even though it is too touristic. It's like a certification that  "I'm here" to show my friends, I should take this pic.
To the light house, there is a about 40-minutes walking path with nice ocean view. I really enjoyed those views. At the light house there is a pole with many city signs. I remembered that one Australian guy from Perth said, "Why does it always have only SYDNEY, not PERTH". He must love his city! I'm from Chiba prefecture, where locates right next to Tokyo, but I always say "I'm from Tokyo", because foreigin people know Tokyo but don't know Chiba.

tacco14 says:
It was really hot there, I needed a sunscreen. Oh, I didn't think about that. You're right! How can penguins live in such a hot place....? Visit SA and ask a guide and tell me :D
Posted on: Feb 04, 2010
almond72 says:
Is it quite cool or cold there ? Can't quite imagine the seals & penguins in hot places.
Posted on: Jan 30, 2010