a day in Johannesberg

Johannesberg Travel Blog

When I told my sister that I would go to Johannesberg, she asked me to change my plan because she believed that "Johannesberg is the city where a person who want to die would go". Actually I didn't think it would be so dangerous but I learned it would be from a documentary that showed "you can't walk outside from the long-distance bus terminal more than 100m without any attack".
So I booked a hostel not far from the airport which has pick-up service for free and Jacuzzi.

The airport was big, clean and modern and I couldn't imagine any crime here. Then I saw a guy who offered a traveller to show the way from international to domestic terminal and finally asked the traveller to give him a little money. The way to domestic terminal wasn't difficult at all, just find the sign and follow it. Well... it wasn't a crime, nothing.

On the way to the hostel I saw nobody walked and each house had a tall wall and top of that there was a iron fence. So quiet and it made me a bit scared.

That night one of the staff asked me for a drink in downtown saying "Don't worry. It's safe when you're with local people" but I didn't take this offer. I didn't want to take any risk like this...

Only one night and I didn't see anything special but I was impressed by this city somehow.

photo by: tacco14