Wake Up Boo

Alykanas Travel Blog

Not yet ready to face the day

I'm not the world's greatest in the morning( most people would say that is very understated :-D ),even when the sun is shining, so I let the others head off while I got my head together. Rain the previous day had cleared the air,and it was a nice enough day to spend on the beach. There was a bit of a breeze blowing in off the sea, but it was warm enough (well we do come from Scotland) ,though the rest of the beach was very quiet.

Marine Boy was already getting his snorkel and flippers on when I got down,and splashed about quite happily.The problem with him is getting him out of the water. Daughter went in for a paddle and that was enough for her, then the rest of us lazed about reading,until finally he persuaded my wife to go in and join him. A real lazy day :-)

The bad news was, for those that go there often,was that the signs were we were in for more bad weather as ships pulled into the bay and anchored,a signe of bad weather on the way.

Paddling
 From this end of the island there is only a narrow channel  between Zakynthos and Kephaloniaand the ships use the islands to shelter from the heavy weather in the Aegean Sea.

About 4 o'clock we went up to see vicky in the bar and and sat and had a cup of tea :-O and caught up with all her news. Back tothe hotel to get changed and our for something to eat.

Went into Alykes to The Olympic, a restaurant that really wouldn't be out of place in any town or city, then off to Jungle Bar.

Met another scottish couple wehad mat there last year,and two other couples that had been in the night before. The island and resort has a strange magnetic attraction and it is not uncommon to find people who it is there 10th or 12th,or whatever, time out there. Also there was Joe,someone else we knew,and he goes out in May and stays until October,doing the odd bit of work,but mostly just getting away from it all.

Wasn't a terribly late night, and as our son helped Dimitris close up the bar,in exchange for a lift home on the back of his motorbike, the three of us started walked back to the hotel,where he was already waiting for us.

Flipper