A Hole Day

Alykanas Travel Blog

After the rain has gone

Woke up to find it had cleared overnight, and made for the beach yet again. Still very windy though and the sea was not at all inviting. Son amused himself by digging a big hole in the beach, which was funny later as two dogs were running about playing and one of them fell into it :-D. Practically nobody else on the beach, which made it all the better.

Only so much you could take though, and we headed up into the village and inevitably going into see Vicky. Decided to go up to the Iris Bar where they have two crazy golf courses out the back. It was deserted, bar from two guys that were finishing up, so we played the other course first. To be honest,I was only wearing a football top and it was feeling a tad chilly to me and I could have done without going round again, but round The Olympian Course I went.

Strike A Pose
We know how to have a wild time :-O

Finished,none to soon,and went back to the hotel where I was able to throw on some warmer gear. Headed back into Alykes and went to The Piccadilly for dinner. A really good quality restaurant that is part of a good hotel. We were just coming out and felt a few spots of rain as we headed down to The Jungle Bar. The lightning soon appeared in the sky,closely followed by the sounds of thunder that preceded an almighty deluge that went for a couple of hours.

Nobody was moving anywhere, and we waited and waited for the rain to go off, but it didn't. Can't think of any place better to be stuck, in a storm, than a bar . Eventually Dimitiris got his car and started giving folk lifts back to their apartments. We waited until last and were glad to be dropped off at the door of the hotel

Taking The Weight Off