Part I - Sunday morning sun Part II - Torshavn Marina at night

Torshavn Travel Blog

Part I -

It was Sunday and I was tired. I say that a lot, don’t I. I really push myself to do and see everything that I can when I am on a journey. So, when I get to my room……I am beat!

Anyway, I’ll stop the complaining. I slept in and leisurely took my time getting ready. I worked on the pictures and blog from the previous day. It was a really good day.

Oh, I forgot to tell you….the sun was out. The percentage of blue to white was increasing be the minute. It was “island day”! I decided to take the ferry to Nolsoy. It’s only a 30 minute ferry ride I had read about its beauty. I could take the 13:00 ferry and come back when the sun goes down, around 17:00, sounds good.

Since it was such a nice day and I wasn’t runny late, I decided to finally take a picture of this cool metal sculpture that is nearby.

It stands in the center of a roundabout. There are many pieces of sculpture in roundabouts here. This one is a ring of girls holding hands and leaning back. It’s lit at night and it quite a centerpiece.

On my way walking to the port, I passed a hotel with pennant versions of all of the flags of the Nordic countries. It made for a nice pic.

Part II

Torshavn was all lit up as we returned. They had left the lights on for me, so I could see that I was welcome. That’s the way the way they had made me feel.

The church was lit up as well,  a religious becon on the hill. Also, The pedestrian street, all ready for the night's fun.....but it seemed empty.

I returned to the guesthouse and made some dinner. Did the usual of working on the previous nights blog but, I needed a break. I watched Casino Royale on DVD.

I could only hope for a beautiful day for Monday. But, if I didn’t get it, I had a great one, today. I would not feel cheated.

Torshavn