Diwali

New Delhi Travel Blog

Celebrating Diwali with my new friends Shivam and Varun.
I agreed to go into some shops and pretended to look around for Pawan, i guess he makes alittle money off of it even if i don't buy. I also agreed  to stay at Pawan home tonight so he could celebrate Diwali with his family.
This turned out to be a fantastic decision! After giving Pawan his tip alittle early, he was happy, i was happy, we went to his house and i met his family. Most of whom don't speak english, in fact, Pawan only speaks english.
But his Niece, Briyanya, and nephews, Varun and Shivam, know a few words and i proceeded to teach them more. This was a traditional family in a traditional Indian home. No bathroom, no windows, no nothing, no problem. I couldn't be happier to stay,
I gotten so far outside my comfort zone this makes no difference. As the sun went down, the Diwali celebrations began. people set off fireworks and the kids were having a blast. Those kids loved me, Pawan said "they're celebrating Diwali and celebrating you."
After some fireworks and was a short blessing, more fireworks and then a vegetarian meal, it was delicious! Now i'm off to bed, just a small cot in a little room.
Celebrating Diwali with my new fri…
Celebrating Diwali with my new fr…
Briyanya, Varun and Shivam
Briyanya, Varun and Shivam
Shivam, Varun, and friends!
Shivam, Varun, and friends!
Children celebrating Diwali