KL

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

After leaving Phuket on a very early morning flight, reaching KL felt like I had just finished the longest marathon of my life. With Thailand and the people still in my mind, it was very hard to bring myself to start going around KL. First stop was checking into Hostel Cosmopolitan, quickly  followed by a much needed nap! After a five hour nap (!) we set out to explore the sights of KL. It was like a completely different world after Thailand! It was less crowded and felt somewhat safer than BKK. Standing in front of the Petronas Twin Towers made me feel like I was the smallest thing on the planet! They were really amazing, spent a substantial amount of time just staring at them in pure awe. Especially at night was great seeing them! We set out to go to the KL Tower but by the time we got there it was already closed so we couldn't get up there. We decided to have an early night and rest our minds and bodies after torturing them in Thailand. Sleep felt really nice... :)
The second day we spend walking around KL, we were supposed to head down to Little India but ended up walking miles to the wrong direction, go figure! We made our way to the residential parts of KL and obviously there was not much to see there. Did come across the biggest lizard I've ever seen, strolling around the streets.. Scared the life out of us at first! Didn't feel like partying at all whBich meant another rather early night for us.
And so off to Bali we went.... (check the Bali blog coming later)