Atlanta Georgia

Atlanta Travel Blog

Olympic Circles

So the weather was rainy on this afternoon drive. Something about southern drivers... They are under the impression that if they flash their brights you will automatically move out of their way regardless of the circumstance. I was busy passing two trucks while the driver behind got so close I couldn't even see his headlights, so I simply took my foot of the pedal until the two trucks passed by on the right. He was not happy. This happened on the opposite side of the freeway as well. I saw a car passing a truck pulling a boat and trailer, while the car behind was still a half mile away and already flashing his brights. Southern freeways are the only place where you will see a car in the right lane traveling at ninety, with ten cars bumper to bumper in the left lane traveling at ninety-one trying to pass.

While closing in on Atlanta I saw nearly a hundred cars on the side of the road. Never so many at one time before. It wasn't because of the rain either, they simply ran out of gas. This evening I stopped at the little amusement park called American Adventures, watched Prince Caspian, went to a couple other places, then called it a night.

Atlanta Capitol in the rain