The Island Born of Fire

Camiguin Island Travel Blog

Sunken Cemetery

I left Cagayan De Oro City at 8:30am for Camiguin Island boarding Paras Sea Cat, see their daily trip schedule in my review.

I arrived Benoni Port in Camiguin at 10:30am, ride a jeep for Php20 going to Mambajao town. Benoni to Mambajao is approximately 50kms which is an hour drive.

First I checked out Enigmata Tree House, a four storey acacia tree house owned by an artist. I love both its interior and exterior (see photos in my review) though i've decided not to stay because of fear of insect bites. I recommend this place for travellers who loves nature :)

I then headed to the Roof Top Hotel located in the town center of Mambajao and spoke to their Manager, i was happy they gave me a Php500 discount for their Deluxe Room so i stayed there for the entire duration of my stay in Camiguin.

After checking-in at the hotel and rested for a while, i proceeded with the Island touring (Katibawasan Falls, Sunken Cemetery, Old Volcano, Ardent Hot Spring, and Guiob Church Ruin), Habal-Habal ride which goes to all the tourist destinations cost is Php500.

Back at the hotel by 8pm.

Steps to old volcano
Camiguin Island Map
Camiguin Island Map
Camiguin Island Hotels & Accommodations review
Tree House for Adventurous Travellers
Liked: House interior and exterior Friendly staff Disliked: Expect lots of insects (ants, mosquitos,..) holes in the nets Enigmata Treehouse… read entire review
Camiguin Island Hotels & Accommodations review
Roof Top Hotel
Liked: Cozy Rooms Central Location near market With Restaurant/Bakery (good food) Wi-fi Hotspot(Free Access) Friendly staff Fresh beddings/linen… read entire review
Camiguin Island