A full day in Fez

Fez Travel Blog

We had a full day scheduled in Fez. We started bright and early with a delicious European breakfast then headed to the Ville Nouvella and say the really famous door there. How sad is it that I can't remember what that is. My bad. Then we went through a little part of the Jewish quarter and saw some spice shops and really gross cow meat.

Then we headed for a panorama of the Medina then to a guided tour of the pottery factory there that ships to all over the world. It was really neat, my favorite part about it was the stove where the cooked the clay. It was so big and built really neatly. After we headed for a walking tour of the Medina, starting out at the really large square then we went for lunch and I had chicken Couscous again, still loved it, and then to the tannery. Although I wouldn't have wanted to do it without the mint leaves, I really didn't find the smell that that horrible. Then after the tannery we checked out the silk weaving places, which was really neat and I got to sport a bright green turban for half an hour.

All in all Fez was fun, but the whole day's tour was a little too much like one I did in Venice two years ago, tour groups need to come up with something a tad more inventive I think.
Fez Hotels & Accommodations review
Although there were about 100 tour groups at this hotel when I stayed here, I would still recommend it. It had free wifi which was nice, and two compu… read entire review
photo by: tj1777