The city I was waiting for.

Marrakech Travel Blog

Now I am not saying I was having a bad time in Morocco up until this part of the trip, but it was lacking something my previous trips weren't. At the beginning I had no idea what it was, maybe it was traveling in a tour group, or having an itinerary made for us with no option of curving it to our liking. By the time I made it through the High Atlas mountains on our last day of driving, I realized that we hadn't spent anytime in a city, and that's what I was used to. How pathetic was this, that my high lights of previous trips was being immersed in a city and being caught up in the craziness of it all. So when we were finally let loose out of our stinky van I immediately made mom come with me to the main square of Marrakech. And for the next 8 hours I had a wonderful time. We went through all the souqs and enjoyed bargaining and buying, snake charmers, henna drawers, sweets, KFC(yes gross I know) and tones more.

Over all, as everyone our trip thinks I'm lame for this, I loved Marrakech the most. I love craziness and all the people. It didn't make me feel like such a sore thumb. I will miss Marrakech, and the man who I saw die on the street... RIP.
Marrakech