The Saharan Desert!!!

Merzouga Travel Blog

This was the biggest thing on our itinerary that I was looking forward to. I could NOT wait to get to the Saharan Desert. The drive from Fez to Merzouga was painful. It took a total of 8 hours, with a break for lunch in a Kasbah. It was such a long drive, but I appreciated the time to rest up and read.

When we finally got to Merzouga we immediately ran to the desert to watch the sunset over the desert. It was very beautiful. I was also looking forward to the sunrise in the morning. We got 3 hours to rest up before having a dinner of Beef Brochette. Then, along with a couple from France and the owners the Auberge, jammed to the drums and tried our best to showcase our Canadian musical talents, big fail. We had a really fun time though, except for the awkward silences or when the owners talked french in front of us, about us, that was a tad awkward. Sadly they were not aware that I understand French, just cannot speak it.

Despite it being winter, it was really warm during the day and I wish I had brought my swim suit so I could have gone for a dip in the pool.

All in all it was a fairly quite day. After staying the night in Merzouga we headed to the Todra Gorge.
beautiful, yet finally some blue w…
beautiful, yet finally some blue …
jamming time
jamming time
Merzouga Hotels & Accommodations review
For an Auberge, it was a great. Not that I have had any experience with staying in an Auberge before, but it was still great. I liked that there was a… read entire review
photo by: vvicy1