Rock the Kasbah

Ait Ben Haddou Travel Blog

From the Gorge our bus headed for our second last day of driving through Morocco. We drove about 2 hours to Ouarzazate for a tour of a Berber pharmacy. It was pretty neat. The guy gave us free samples of basically everything they sold in the pharmacy. It was really neat, although some of them were fake or jokes, or didn't work. Like the cumin seeds for example. Everyone in the room went around smelling cumin seeds, and it was supposed to stop you from snoring at night. This didn't work, as soon as we laid our heads on our pillows this night my mother started snoring obnoxiously, so that was a waste of money for whomever from our group bought some.

After the pharmacy we headed for lunch, we had it at a very nice restaurant, that you could tell was where all the tours ended up eating lunch, but it was still nice. From there we went to the liquor store so we could have some at our hotel because they didn't serve it at the hotel.

Finally we embarked on our final 45 minute drive to Ait Ben Haddou where we immediately got our rooms and headed for the walk up to the top of the Kasbah. I thought it was neat that people actually still live in the Kasbah, stuff like that in Morocco made me really think about how amazing their culture is. I wouldn't be able to cope, sadly.

Then it was a late supper of Tangine and more wine.

Onwards to Marrakesh.