Casablanca. Day 1.

Casablanca Travel Blog

We arrived in the Casablanca airport at 4pm and stoked to finally be in Africa. We found our way to a cab and started the 35 minute drive to our hotel, Hotel Washington, to meet up with our GAP adventures tour. When we arrived, to our surprise(not), the cab driver tried to get an extra 50 dirham out of us, but we told him to hit the road jack and he very angrily accepted that and left, but not before he cursed us. This trip was going to be frustrating, I could just feel it, and boy was I write.

At 7:30 the group met and to my utter delight(not), I was the youngest in the group by 15 years. Oh well, too late to be upset now, I did my best to make the best of it. After the initial meeting and finding out who our tour guide would be, his name was Mustafa like in the lion king, he seemed like he was going to be a great tour guide. We headed to a local hole in the join restaurant to try our first taste of Moroccan food. We had Salade Morocain and Brochettes. Both of which were delicious, yet very different. We made our way back to the hotel around 10pm to get ready for our very busy day the best day.
Casablanca Hotels & Accommodations review
Great Service
This was the starting point for the Gap Adventures tour - Deserts and Kasbahs in Morocco. It had internet, a A/C / heater box in the room, a mini frid… read entire review
photo by: nathanphil