Airport ride from Hell and the beginning of the worst 5 days of my life.

Marrakech Travel Blog

It wasn't actually that bad, until we had to stop, the driver ran out from our car over to two cops, gave them 100 dirham, ran back to the cab, and continued to drive us, drunk, to the Marrakech airport. When we got there, he was too drunk to figure out our change, got angry, ran to the toll booth, and got a lot of dirham changed into just coins. It was a very crazy ordeal and I wanted NOTHING more than to power smoke through 100 smokes before I was going to get on plane.

We checked in, got on the plane, and when took off, almost peed our pants. Now maybe a 5 year old was driving the plane, who knew, all I knew, was that if I made through the 25 minutes plane ride from Marrakech to Casablanca I would cherish my life more than ever. The landing was the worst, about 10 meters away from the tarmac, our plane went through "turbulence" or some crazy windy thing and almost made the landing a crash. When we had breaked, my body decided to stop being seized up and let me breath for the first time in 15 minutes.

In Casablanca, EVERYTHING went wrong, and because I am still stressed out from this very long, never ending incident. I will end it with, we lost our bags in Casablanca because I hate Moroccan customs officers and I have yet to receive my bag.
parag_rikhav says:
The [url=http://www.airports360.net/start-your-trip-from-marrakech-menara-airport.html]Marrakech Airport[/url] is located only 6km (4 miles) southwest of the city centre. Drive down Avenue de la Menara and follow the signs to the airport.
Posted on: Mar 11, 2010