Thames Cruise

London Travel Blog

Houses of Parliament

After a day’s training, my work held their annual awards night. This year it was on a boat cruising down the Thames.

I'm not one for boats, but I hate missing things so after a few Stugeron's we set off from Greenwich Pier on the 'Golden Salamander'. The trip was quiet choppy so I decided to make it a drink free evening, disappointing seen as it was a free bar! The boat had two decks, the lower one was used for the formal dinner (Very nice, great dessert!) and the awards (only a nomination for me, close but no cigar!) then a top deck was the 'party' room complete with disco lights and music.

The cruise took us past the Maritime Museum and the Dome downstream to the Thames Barrier before turning round and heading up stream.

London Eye
We then past the Cutty Sark (unfortunately covered up for renovations) and Canary Wharf before passing underneath Tower Bridge (there was a quick stop to let some people off, they had not fought the seasickness!). The cruise continued past all the sights on the banks, The tower of London, The Monument, The Globe Theatre, under The Millennium Bridge, The Tate Modern, St Pauls Cathedral, The London Eye, Battersea Power Station and finally the Houses of Parliament. A fantastic trip and so beautiful at night, it was great to see so much of London.

We docked at just gone midnight and my choice of not drinking had been a good one, I'm glad I managed to stayed on the boat but felt a bit rough and was still bobbing up and down after the short walk back to our hotel.

Unfortunatly I didn't take my camera for the trip but hunting down some picture taken by the others so hopefully some to show soon :)

London Hotels & Accommodations review
Bog standard chain hotel
I stayed here with work for one night. There was a mix up with the booking and on the first day we were ‘roomless’ so had to do the training i… read entire review