Barcelona - Sagrada Família

Barcelona Travel Blog

Next morning I had breakfast in Cappuccino across the street, which consisted of fresh orange juice and a croissant, whilst watching people come and go and drink coffee and have a smoke on their way to work, then headed to Starbucks Coffee for my morning cup of tea sat by the window, as I overlooked the busy traffic junction of Plaça d'Antoni Maura and Via Laietana opposite Caixa Catalunya. I headed back to the hotel to wash up and get ready for my day sightseeing.

Heading back out the hotel and turning left onto Carrer de la Bòria onto Plaça de la Llana and Carrer dels Carders, and Carrer del Portal Nou. Crossed over Passeig de Lluís Companys to photograph the Arc de Triomf.

I headed north West on Passeig de Sant Joan and stopped to photograph in the center of the square the large statue of Dr Bartolomeu Robert.

I kept on the same road and turned right at Carrer de València, but in hindsight, I should of turned right when I reached Carrer de Mallorca and then head down towards Sagrada Família.

By the time I reached Sagrada Família, the time was about 10ish and the queue was back a long way, so decided not to pay to enter. So I walked over to the Plaça de la Sagrada Família, the park opposite and took photographs at different angles and zoomed in and out.

I then headed onto Carrer de Provença, towards La Pedrera / Casa Mila, but for some reason I changed to another street and got a bit lost. Anyhow I looked at my map and got to Casa de Les Punxes and followed Carrer de Provença to La Pedrera. Took a few photos and headed left onto Passeig de Gràcia towards Plaça de Catalunya and headed back to the hotel for a quick pit stop.

After refreshment, I headed to La Rambla, where I bought a Lemon drink to swig during my walk. I handed over a €20 note for a bottle that cost a few Euros, but I left the shop before realizing I was sort changed, and was too stupid enough not to go back into the shop.

Anyhow I turned right onto a side street from La Rambla, which I can’t remember (think it was Carrer Nou de la Rambla) heading towards the Funicular Montjuic. For some reason, I couldn’t find it, so I walked up the pathways via the Miramar hotel at the Jardins de Miramar, where there were a few people with camera’s and tripods photographing the views, including a very nice girl, to the Castell de Montjuic.
I strolled around and stopped to photograph the views over the city, harbour and port. It was so windy, I was being blown over.

After walking around the Castle, and watching people having their photos taken with the huge guns that dot around the castle, I headed back down the park pathways dodging the army of tourists getting off/on their coaches, as my next stop was the waterfront as I didn’t have my camera the last time I was there.

Upon reaching Monument a Colom, I crossed over Passeig de Josep Carner, opposite La Aduana del puerto de Barcelona and took photos of the monument and then headed over Rambla del Mar. Plenty of African’s selling stuff on the bridge and keeping an eye out for the police. This is when I took photos of the floating human sculptures looking up to the sky.

I sat on one of the benches around the waters edge for a while in the warm sun, before the wind picked up and then headed back over Rambla del Mar and up La Rambla and back to the hotel.

When I got back to the hotel, I went to the roof terrace and sat in the evening sun reading my Barcelona Guide book with my hoodie on, as the wind really started to blow.