Barcelona - La Rambla

Barcelona Travel Blog

My last morning in Barcelona, started by having a huge (grande) mug of hot chocolate with cream on top in Starbucks, with a slice of carrot cake as I sat on one of the soft seats by the window, watching the locals going to work and tourists heading out sightseeing.

I was basically wasting time as I was planning to checkout of the hotel and head back to the airport, to allow time to explore the shops and check out all the foreign girls waiting for their flights (as I love foreign airports).

Checked out of hotel around 10am and headed back to Plaça de Catalunya via La Rambla, walking past human sculptures, including Laurel and Hardy and beautiful flower stalls against the blue sky.

I caught the Aerobús back to Terminal B, which again took about thirty minutes, traveling through the suburbs of Barcelona.  No need to check in at the airport, due to I wasn’t carrying any, just hand luggage, straight through to departures via security.

I had to take my belt off around my jeans, before walking through the x-ray machine, as well as my hoddie.  I then had to wait about 5 minutes, for my tray of items to be hand-checked by one of the security staff.

As I was exploring the shops and walking down the terminal, my eyes spotted the Chocolate Factory.  A young Spanish girl was lonely so I decided to go in and keep her company … and of course eye-up the chocolate.  I was offered some free samples, whilst we talked about our favorite type of chocolate, so how could I refuse.
  She liked dark chocolate and I told her I prefer white or milk.  I asked her, if eating all the chocolate with all the samples in the shop tempted her.  She responded with no, as she got used to it.  I couldn’t help and pick up another free sample on the way out as I smiled to her.

I walked into one of the duty free shops to sample some of the men’s aftershaves.  Sprayed onto my arm and then sniffed – it’s something nice to smell on the flight home.

I sat down by one of the windows overlooking the runways and watched a cleaner wash the windows, watching the planes pulling back off their stands and taking off.

A large group of Spanish schoolgirls turned up and started chatting a few seat rows in front.  It started to get a bit noisy and it was about 30 minutes before my flight took off, so I stood and looked at the board to check my gate number.

It said Boarding, so I walked over to my gate via the loo and boarded my British Airways flight back to Gatwick.

I had an isle seat, and no one sat next to me, so as soon the doors closed I moved to the window and had a great view all the way back to northern France, where the cloud thickened – welcome back to England!

Barcelona