Skip the lines at attractions in the UK!

Derby Travel Blog

7 day pass
A couple months back it was decided that myself, my boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend were all going to go on a 2 week vacation to England in May/June. My sister and I, although originally from England, have never really done the tourist sites in London or anywhere else for that matter. Our boyfriends have never really left the country (mines never flown on a plane! he just recently got his passport!) and so I planned an itenarary so that we could hit as many places as possible. While looking up information online I came across an amazing thing..the Great British Heritage Pass. For one fee you can purchase a pass of any length (whether 4 days, 2 weeks, or a month) and it grants you entry, as well as skipping the long lines, to over 600 attractions all over the UK! This is amazing because you can purchase it a few months in advance so that all the entry fees for attractions don't come out of your spending money (which you'll need for the hundreds of pints of beer in the pubs..). The pass isn't activated until the very first time you use it (gets swiped at an attraction.) and then once it is swiped keep track of the days left on it. You can purchase the passes at tourist information stations throughout the UK or online at the main site:

or

Also you can accompany it with a rail pass if you are going to be traveling all over the place. I'm sure this pass will really cut down on some of the stress of spending while on vacation. I also looked up the entrance fees of some of the places on my list and added them up and you will definitely get more than your moneys worth out of it. There are other similar passes as well, such as one just for England if you aren't going to be visiting wales, scotland or ireland..so planning ahead is definitely worth the time because you can end up saving a lot of money and cutting back on some stress factors!

I'm going to England in a weeks time so I will let you know how the great british heritage pass works out for me =)
WaltJake says:
This sounds like a great idea! I'll keep it in mind the next time I visit the UK
Posted on: May 20, 2007
petit_gooroo says:
Great! I can't wait to read your adventures in UK! I've got plans for my next visits, but yours could give me new ideas :)
Posted on: May 15, 2007