AsiaMaldivesMale

Here comes the rain

Male Travel Blog

raining

My mood is getting worse everyday since May started, with the breeze of the summer kicking in some parts of the world, the weather in Maldives is becoming unpredictable with the rain coming in without notice, not to mention of course that I am stuck here for now.  This week in particular, the rain starts making an impact every morning and stops at mid day and then gets really humid during day time, and not just that, when it rains it really pours even if its just 10 minutes or the whole day.  Personally, I really hate when it rains and I dont get to see the sun, although it is good for the plants but somehow, when the rains starts feeling like I am somewhere else other than the Maldives.

It's Saturday morning, huh! at 8.

swinging trees
30am I was feeling sleepy still, the rain outside is just pouring matched with a strong wind, opened the door of my room the trees are swinging here and there and of course the rain was heavy.  What a way to start my day? So, I took shower meanwhile and got myself ready for work, waited impatiently in my room for the rain to stop and wishing that the rain will not drag the whole day, moreover not go on 'till the night.  As its the famous "Sabado Nights - Team Bar".  I sat for about 15 mins, turned on the TV, hmmm..saw travel living..and I got really pissed off that I dont get to travel now..so I turned the TV off, took my raincoat and walked out of my room.  On my way, I took photos from my phone, cant really believe that I am pacifying myself by taking photos of my sorroundings.
shower for the plants

Got in my office, turned on lights and my PC, then Ujjal came in after me and kicked me out.  Him or Joshim normally organises me in the morning, clearing my bins, papers and arranging the stuff on my table, so I happily moved my ass out and grab a coffee in Malafay.  Everyone around have heavy moods as if dragging themselves out of bed in the morning was the most difficult part, everyone was munching sleepily in every corner, except for most of the locals - they are quite amused of the rain, so they have toothy smiles. You dont really understand how they see it, perhaps, If I am one of them I might feel the same.  So, I tried to sympathize with what they feel, at least it will lift my moods up until I can go for my holiday.

falling leaves after the rain

The whole day was like the usual stuff, meetings, listen to people cribbing about many things, answer one million emails...uff and the day is gone..The rain somehow stopped in the middle of the day. I didnt really know as I was a bit stuck in my shoe box size office.  The moment I realised, the rain was gone and so as the sun.  I'm thankful somehow it seems that days moves quicker in the Maldives although not as quick as when you're on holiday but it does move quick.

Vivek ran to my room around 9.30pm, he didnt have anything to do, so we called to order some food, by the time our food arrived, the famous team bar already started kicking its loud music. We thought, we wanted to grab some drinks, Vivek went back to his room and I went to team bar to wait for him there. When I reached the bar the rain started. Everyone was stuck there, praying it will stop before it starts. As soon as I got my drink the rain was pouring.  Homy was telling me he wanted to do some rain dance, as I was just starting my drink, the idea was not appealing.  The music was off, and it got really boring. So, I finished my drink and ran off from the bar.  I was dripping wet when I got to my room. Hmmm. I hate when it rains in paradise!

Male