AsiaMaldivesMale

05.06.07!!! World Environment Day

Male Travel Blog

jeny get into the water!

I love participating in activities like this, so when I knew that this day is coming up I had to push for it with the team. The night before the activity, I had to make sure everything was set.  I had to cross check necessary arrangements 2-3 times to ensure the activity will be a success.  Poor Vivek, I was pushing and chasing him all day to get the printed t-shirt in by the last boat, snacks, gloves, sacks, plants, etc.  I went around the area to check the plants that will be planted for tomorrow.  Feeling satisfied with it all I put my head to rest. Before hitting the bed that night, I put my alarm up at 6.00am..I don't normally wake up this early but hey I'm sure this is worth waking up early for.  As soon as the alarm rang I immediately stood up as if I was anticipating it all along in my sleep.

lagoon clean up
 I must admit I didnt sleep well. Perhaps, my subconscious was counting the minutes until 6am. I rang Vivek to ensure that he is awake, Vivek is not a morning person either so he is not that happy waking up early and by the way he is no better than me on this.  As if by luck he was also awake...and heading to the shower... Hmmm.. something is wrong with him I thought.  So, I took shower very quickly, 10 minutes and I was done seemed like I didnt even took shower at all.  Then, I put on my T-shirt, and I was really happy putting it on, at least today I know I am doing something good for the environment.

Head off to my office, but anticipating coffee all along. I couldnt get my eyes to open steadily as if it has a timer that it suddenly closes by default.

lets go plant trees
Hahaha. The smell of coffee helped a bit it was guiding me where to go, as my eyes werent as reliable.  So, grabbed coffee and my god Im really glad I did! At least whilst we were having the briefing for the activity and standing right in front of of everyone my eyes were wide open..didnt blink as well. The sun was already bright when we started to move. We had 2 activities planned, one was planting trees and the other was cleaning the lagoon.  Since, we had 100 volunteers we divided the group in two, I of course took the option of cleaning the lagoon, as I dont have the talent of planting trees.  So, I was happily tagging along my brown sack in the lagoon.  There was nothing much that we pulled out from the water, just a couple of cement bags, plastic bottles, some iron bars, and drift woods.. We did a full round of the island. When we reached the finish point, I was a bit disappointed with whats inside my sack.  Just 2 cement bags.... hmmm..not much huh!

lauro says:
noting better than having fun and cleaning the environment at the same time :D
Posted on: Jul 14, 2007