Busing it to Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh Travel Blog

Kanmpong Thom Market

Time to move on to Phnom Penh, although I could easily have stayed longer in Siem Reap. I'll have to try to get back in the near future for a longer stay.

Bus trip was pretty uneventful - lots of continuous green countryside or water. We did stop at Kampong Thom for lunch - I didn't feel like eating anything so went for a stroll and ended up in the market - different from other areas as they obviously didn't speak english and you could walk around without being continually harassed to buy something. When I got back on the bus one of the Asian's had bought a snack of crickets to have along the way. The only other westerner on the bus was sitting beside him tried one but ended up being unable to swallow it because of the thought of what he was eating.

Got to Phnom Penh and into a tuk tuk who I'd say took me to a hotel that he gets a kickback from as I'm sure I'd asked him to take me to the hotels near the river and we didn't end up there. I think I didn't find Phnom Penh as good as Siem Reap because of its size - it was much easier to get around in Siem Reap. After a bit of walking around I ended up having tea in a place owned by an Australian - pizza for dinner - been having a lot of them overhear and I must admit they've usually been good.

photo by: terminalfunk