The fourth day

Vatican City Travel Blog

Vatican!

Vatican today! The longest distance today we had to walk. We walked in the morning immediatly to the Vatican. Even of the outside i thought it was impressive. But ofcourse we didn't stayed outside. We went straight to the Cupola! I have some fear for heights :P So i was a bit scared. But nevertheless I alsways do it, and i have never regret it so go on. We went walking up stairs and stairs and even more stairs! My knees are still hurting me. But it was quite an adventure :p And ofcourse you never take the elevator, that's cheating :P Once all the way up in the tower, the view was breathtaking. I was scared as hell, but when i looked straight in front of me and not downwards i was ok :P I saw everything, the pantheon, Colosseum, the pilar of Titus, etc etc.

OMG i have fear for heights....brrr

when i had enough we went downstairs all the way down!!!!! But with the help of gravity it is a bit easier and faster :P When i was all the way down the stairs there i was, in the middle of the Sint-Pieter church! I have heard about it, read about it and saw thing about it. but how muh impression it made on me, could never become by not standing there. It was truely fenomenal. So big, and holy. I think i can't even describe with words, you have to be there. My school had given us a little asignment book to make questions about all the statues you passed, but in this church i put my book in my bag, because i wanted to fully enjoy the moment.

I will never forget what impact the S. Pieter had on me! It was stunning... But on everything has come an end.

but the view payed off!
We were cut loose and we went searching for a place to have lunch. We found this cute little dinner 'tourisme foods' and probably too high prices but hee, who cares we are in ROME!! :P hahahah and it was quite good, so i did't cared :P

After lunch we went to the Vatican Museum! That was SOOO big. we went lost a few times, but after some hours we found our teachers and stalked them :P I believe if you want to see everything and you won't run past it, you have to take a week i believe! When we needed the exit, we followed the little pointers, but there were halls after doors after great rooms it was a bit frustration actually :P I think we walked like 30 minutes 'to the exit ' :P

after this long and exhausting day, we went to the hotel to refresh, and after like 2 hours we went to the restaurant. The food was again not super, but the dessert was this time very good!

The engelenburcht
The 'engelenburcht'
OEPS! thank god i had another toot…
OEPS! thank god i had another too…
Vatican City