EuropeItalyRome

Second day

Rome Travel Blog

In Colloseum

The first night at the hotel had been very heavy. We finally went to bed and then the alarm went of in the morning. Well i wanted to sleep the whole day long, but sadly i couldn't. We woke up, got dressed and went down-stairs to the breakfast. We knew that the rooms were very bad so i was wondering what we could expect of the breakfast. I have been many times in hotels so i had a prediction, but i was hoping i was wrong. But ofcourse i wasn't :P We only got a dry and very hard white bread, with the choice of nutella or jam. I have never eaten that much white bread in a week as there! We Dutch people are used to eating a lot of brown bread and products, but Italians don't know that kind of stuff.

After breakfast we started our second walk through Rome.

?? :P
We first went to the Colloseum. What an impressive building! You almost can't believe that there had been gladiators and other people litterly walked to their death. You can see the little chambers under the colloseum floor, where the gladiators and animals had been waiting for there turn. It was very cool. Next to the Colloseum is a triomph thing :p the triomph of Titus. It was cool to see that thing in real live because my friend and i had used it as inspiration for an asignment at school. That was also very interesting. But the only down side i thought was, Me and the other of my level Atheneum don't have Latin or Greek so we couldn't read anything. While all the asignment we had to make where translating asignments...So that was kinda stupid.

After this piazza we went to the palatijn, the paradise on top of a hill in the middle of Rome.

Where used to live very wealthy people in Rome. There was a great view from the hill, and the air was quite colder and fresher. I could inmmedialty understand why the rich romans had claimed that piece of Rome. We also went to the sugar pie as we call it. The typemachine also named. The enormeus white and colorless building in the center of Rome. Where the people made a mistake because in that time people didn't build buildings without colors but WITH many colors. So now it is the ugliest building in the whole of Rome. Wich is a shame, because if it stood in another country i believe it would have been more appreciated.

Also this day came to an end. We went back to the hotel. We went to the grocery store to buy some fruits and water. And then it already was time to walk to our resataurant.

Trevi by night!
Dinner was alsways very cosy and nice. I really felt that with this journey i got to know my classmates from a differnet point of view. So that was very cool. I really feel that we were a close group there, but that was the beauty of it we knew everyone that went to Rome. Thank god because now we could vary with whom you walked or went to the groceryshop or anything! It was very very nice.

After La Gallina Bianca we went for our eveningprogramme tot he Trevi. It was soooo beautiful! Ok those streetseller are very innoying. But besides that i really was inlove with that fountain.

Back at the hotel we all didn't want to sleep immedialty. So we went many times to the hotelrooms of our classmates :P And you can imagine that those little visits were very funny. We had so much fun, and sometimes a bit too much that the hotel complained :P oepsie :P But over the whole it was very cool with those great people and in that very great city.

Rome