EuropeItalyRome

First day

Rome Travel Blog

ROMA here we come!^^

In Rome we were all very very exhausted but very excited, (wich is a very bad comination!). That explaines all the weird pictures i made that day :P We went to the Basilica S.Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri. It was very beautiful, and i thought that it was very big, but my friend told me that if i thought that church ws big, that wouldn't believe how big the Sint-Pieter in the Vatican was :P We went to the Trevi-Fountain, wich was even more beautiful then i had imagined. it was perfect, but we later on saw it also at night. Well that was the Trevi at his best! After that we went to the Piazza Navona, with the four rivers fountain and the church. And the Neptune-fountain is there also. There is a saying that the builder of the four Rivers Fountain had made all the statues repulsing the church behind it.

Pantheon
That was because of that the church was Renaissance and the fountain Barok. It was very cool to see because i had all the pictures in my art-history book, and now i saw it in real-live!! amazing.We also went to the Pantheon building. It was very busy there and we had to hurry to get out, because a kind of ceremony would start there. A shame that at the piazza of the Pantheon there now is a McDonalds....

After this very fysical exhaustion we could go to the hotel and dividing the rooms. Thank God I had a room with my 3 best friends. But what wasn't that good, was that our room must have been a 2 persons room. But for the occiasion they had pushed 2 more beds in the miniscule room. that was why we didn't had any bedtables and a toilet IN the shower.

Trevi-fountain
..It was quite dissapointing, and our teachers said there was nothing to do... We hated that, but as we stayed there we had more and more fun, because we were with eachother and we didn''t let our hotel-dissaster ruin our "holiday" :P

We had dinner in a restaurant La Gallina Bianca, where we would eat almost every evening during the week. We got pizza i believe, with a scoup of icecream afterwards. It was nice, (but i wasn't expecting that during the week we would almost eat everyday pizza...). And after dinner we went to the Spanish Stairs. Were where a lot of Dutch people, but almost everyone was drunk. It was fun at first just seeing all those people singing, but it turned out very soon that it was less fun then we expected, and even one of the drunk people got arrested. At this cue we went all back to our hotel to make (AT LAST) an end to the most exhausted day in my live!

La Piazza Navona