Day 14: Willkommen in Munchen

Munich Travel Blog

5:01 pm:

Haven't written in a while. Got into Munich around 5:30 pm last night (two hours late...damn Czech train system). By the time I checked in, showered and ate dinner it was 7 (too late to do any sightseeing considering my track record of getting horribly lost). So it was a bit of a wasted day. I decided to go to the hostel bar and see if i could meet some people. Ended up meeting three guys from the UK (Paul, David and Mark) and two Canadian guys (Zack and Eric) who were great. Then met two American girls (Laura and Charlyn). It was a great night. I've never met that many awesome people on my first night in a new city. We stayed up late talking and getting to know each other (and enjoying some great German beer and shots of jagermeister of course). It was a really good first night and I knew right away that Munich would be a highlight on this trip.

This morning I met the girls for breakfast (not free at this hostel but 4 euros for all-you-can-eat). We went on the free walking tour with Laura and Charlyn as well as one of my roommates. The tour was quite good (lots to see and learn) It was really hot too which was a beautiful change to all the rain i was getting on this trip. I wish I had time to see things yesterday (stupid train). After the tour, the four of us walked around and did some souvenir shopping. Also has pork knuckles for lunch...a local treat lol. It tasted chewy but good. I was going to do some much needed laundry but I don't have time because I need to be ready for the beer crawl by quarter to six. Tomorrow morning I check out of the hostel but I have the whole day in Munich still before my night train. Hopefully they have laundry in Venice. I'm excited for the beer crawl...they'll be taking us to Munich's famous beer halls and beer gardens and I am excited to have what i've heard is the best beer in the world. It's funny because i never drank beer at home but here it seems like its running through everyone's veins haha.

photo by: AleksandraEa