Day 12: Castles and Bridges

Prague Travel Blog

Ended up doing the pub crawl last night. Showed up by myself hoping to meet some people. Luckily I ended up meeting a guy and girl from my hostel (both Canadians!) The crawl was pretty good but not great. I was glad I had Nadia and Graham with me because the other people weren't the most talkative or exciting bunch. We had free shots of vodka and absnithe at every place we wet and it wasn't long before we were feeling ready to party haha. A lot of the people left early which was surprising considering they paid for it. The three of us got our money's worth and stayed out until 5 am (at which point we lost Graham and found out about his adventure the next day). I woke up at 9 this morning for free breakfast (ham sandwhiches....weird). I decided to do some more sightseeing. I went to Prague Castle (the biggest castle in Europe). It was really nice. It's huge!!! It's also on a gigantic hill (my legs were killing mr after the climb but the view from the top was definitely worth it). Continuing on my sightseeing, i saw a church with an arm hanging from the cieling (from the 14th century). That was cool (not something you see everyday). I saw the famous Astronomical clock and Charles Bridge (although half the bridge was under construction). It was a very productive day (surprising considering my hangover). Not sure what i'm up to tonight. Probably an early sleep since I leave for Germany tomorrow. I'll see what Nadia and Graham are up to.

photo by: vulindlela