From Seoul to London

London Travel Blog

I woke at 7.30am without an assisted alarm.  I got myself ready for my free breakfast.  Back in the basement at the restaurant but in the buffet area.  There was a selection of fried rice, fried veg, eggs haha fried, sausages, dumplings, bread, cereal, fruits and more rice.  All juices, tea, coffee and water all available aswell.  The selection was quite varied but as always you'll always find people complaining about not having the right selection.  I mean, its a free meal, just enjoy it.

The German girl and the Irish girl pulled up in the seat beside me and were just as chatty as they were the night before.  Apologies for not remembering their names but after a long two weeks of moving around and lack of sleep, i wasn't the most interesting company.  Just listening to some of their journeys and adventures were quite exciting.  The Irish girl was on her way back home but the Germany girl was only just starting her European tour.  All very interesting to listen to but I couldn't help but get excited about the fresh fruit that I was devouring like a hungry horse.  The more they talked the more I wanted to eat.

After breakfast I decided that I could do with another walk around the block.  This time the German girl decided to come along too.  We walked and talked for about 15/20mins and took in the daytime sights of Seoul.  The air was fresh, not cold and the sun was desperately trying to burst through all the clouds and hazy air.  There was a huge train station in the distance but didn't look very busy, the street was just beginning to wake up too as vendors started their daily grind.  Oh shoot, I realise that I am in Korea and have an urge to rush through the streets looking for a postcard and stamp so that I can document this stop.

The mini bus came to pick me up at 11am prompt.  Swift ride and then check in.  On the otherside I had already taken part in all the free cutural activities so this time I just chilled out and did some shopping for local snacks.  I got chilli chocolates, sweet potato chocolates, rice cookies, ginseng flavoured everything but NO crisps.  Just a simple bag of cheese and onion or salt and vinegar or even prawn crackers would have sufficed but nowhere to be seen.  The one thing I craved they didn't have.  Grrrrrr.

10hr flight... the one thing I am not looking forward to is the spicy food :-(