Day 4 of Texas Adventure

Dallas Travel Blog

Day4 of Texas Adventure

October 19th2009

decide around at 5 am to leave this place as I had enough, I go to check out. On check out at the front desk. The funniest thing happens, the guy working the front desk is Mexican. Now I am not trying to offend anyone here. The Mexican guy name on his Nametag was actually Taco. Very funny.

I set my GPS for my hotel back in Dallas, Texas. However First I have to find my way to get onto I35 to get back. I realize I need to get some gas. So I head out and drive around the city till I find a good gas station nearby. I go to fill up the car, I find out it�s a prepay gas pump, so I have to like give a deposit down just to get some gas. I also purchase from the store, 3 Power bars and 5 Redbulls, breakfast of champions.

I get my change for my gas, then head out for my adventure back to Dallas, Texas. It is good drive back, however I get in the morning rush hour on the main Interstate. When I am driving by Austin, Texas, I am forced to make changes to my plan. The traffic here is slow going and very bumper to bumper. My original plan was to exit off the interstate and make way to the Capital. However I am listening to the radio and there is a major traffic back log here. As well an accident has forced one of the main roads to the area I need to get to a standstill. So I figure to be on the safe side and not be confined to traffic. I forfeit my plan to go see Capital and just drive on through to Dallas, too bad.

I continue on and finally get passed all the bad traffic and more free flowing.

On route sometime after Waco, I go for a short bathroom break at roadside rest stop. By this time I have drank 4 Red Bulls, too many. I had to use that bathroom quite bad.

I continue my journey onto Dallas, finally getting in at a good time. I get to my room and just crash for 2 hours due to having too many Red Bulls.

I have good rest this morning, finally getting up and taking on the day. I decide I just want to have a good restful day today. I leave the hotel and walk towards downtown again. It is time to get something to eat. I make my way passed again the American Airlines Center. I make my way to the Hooters Restaurant and go for lunch. I go sit at the bar and served by a good looking bartender lady. I have a Blue Light and order some of the famous Hooters Wings, quite good.

Faceoff
I decide to just stay here a few hours and drink a few beers. Have not done that in a long time, just spend an afternoon drinking beer.

I watch all the new shift of Hooters Servers come in. I wander if all of them get surgery to work at this type of establishment. Quite curious about this issue, anyone out there with a thesis on this?

Anyways, after a few hours of being here, I decide I still have lots of time before the hockey game tonight. So I pay for my bill and leave Hooters. I then go walk about all of downtown area. I go walk in same areas I been before, then head to other parts I wasn�t in before. Going all the way to Uptown and the Art district of the city. I find the downtown to be quite clean and nice. Lots of nice buildings. Not was busy with people traffic as a city like New York or Chicago.

last view of the American Airlines Center
But different, and nice at same time.

I walk around for a long time, the weather is very nice and the sun is shining quite well. I then make my way to the American Airlines Center again. Before going inside there is a small kickboxing champion ship going on in the AT&T Plaza area. Many people are here as well the beautiful sign girls who hold up the Round numbers. Something to watch before I go into the AAC.

Later I make my way back into the AAC for tonight�s game. Before getting to my seat I go to the Pizza Baron and get a cheese pizza and Bud Light and take it to my seat. I have good seat again, lower level in the corner. Close to all the action. I am an hour early, but It is good to watch everyone come in. Tonight�s game is between Stars and LA Kings, hopefully Stars win tonight.

Final Score - we lost

The game starts with a good introduction of the teams. Once again the Star Ice Girls are making a good presentation on the ice. You have to love them Star Girls.

Finally during the Game, the Stars score a goal, I think we are on our way for a victory.

Unfortunately it is short-lived. As the Kings do Catch up and score many more goals after that.

Final score of the whole game is 4 to 1 for the Kings, all well what can you do. It has been good to see 2 live NHL Games, as I don�t get to see live game too often.

People leave the AAC with a bit of disappointment of them not winning. So for after the game I make it back to Hooters for a beer . It is a Monday night so was not sure where else to go for post game beer. I have good bud light here again and call it a night. I take a taxi back to the hotel. And use my remaining change to buy some chocolate bars from the vending machine. I eat all of them and then go to bed.

That is my blog for this day. One more day to go, Stay tuned for the final day of my Texas Adventure.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

montecarlostar says:
Now you had a little taste of the Dallas traffic. I think it gets worse and worse everyday! Pretty packed for the Big State!
Posted on: Oct 27, 2009
Faceoff
last view of the American Airlines…
last view of the American Airline…
Best Western Hotel