Gourmet Dinner with Victor and Alice on my Layover!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Alice at the BevMo store...we're picking out a wine!

When I booked my flight to travel to Asia, I think I might have purposely chosen the itinerary of getting a 9 nine hour layover in L.A. in hopes of meeting up with some TB friends in SoCal that I hadn't seen for over a year. And it actually turned out better than I had hoped for, because Alice (alicegourmet) lives close to LAX and she offered to pick me up and feed me one of her delicious meals at her home! It had been a year and a half since I last seen Alice, and at that time she had made me a delicious TB birthday cake. As a cook, her reputation precedes her, and I knew I was in for a real treat with dinner.

She was right on time at arrivals (I was barely out on the curbside when she drove up). From there we drove to a BevMo store to pick up a bottle of wine and then onto her house, where I met her husband Victor for the first time.

Stew!!!! It was delicious!
For dinner we had a salad with a very tasty dressing that she made herself, a scrumptious beef stew (I am sure there is a more accurate name for the stew, I just don't remember what!), followed by the BEST chocolate lava cake I have ever tasted!!!! I just can't do justice trying to describe how happy my tastebuds were!

Of course, besides dinner, we spent a good deal of time chatting away and catching up on things. I really appreciated their hospitality; welcoming me into their home, the dinner, and picking me up and taking me back to the airport. I can't thank them enough! Alice also made some TB cookies for me to share on my journey with Brett, Erin, and Asri.

Not all airport layovers are too memorable, but this one was terrific! Thank you, Victor and Alice. Alice drove me back to LAX in plenty of time to get checked back in. And sometime around 1AM I was in the air and on my way to Taipei.

alicegourmet says:
It was really nice to see you again and join us for dinner. Thanks for the nice wine! Always enjoy chatting with you! Hope you can come back to visit again soon! :)
Posted on: Nov 06, 2009
Alice at the BevMo store...were p…
Alice at the BevMo store...we're …
Stew!!!! It was delicious!
TB Cookies made by Alice!
TB Cookies made by Alice!
Alice uncorking the wine