Day 6: Beautiful Bali!

Bali Travel Blog

Looking out from our balcony

It was Saturday morning, and the start to our first full day in Bali! I made a cup of the local Bali coffee from the room and sat out on our balcony to let this paradise sink in. The view was great from here; with a profusion of trees, lush tropical flora, and towering palms. I virtually felt like I was deep in the jungle rather than at a hotel. The birds were singing, the air smelled sweet with the fragrance of flowers, and the love of my life was here to share it with me. I sipped my delicious coffee with a grin from ear to ear...yes, this was my utopia!

We didn’t plan for very much today, only a trip into Kuta to pick up some things at the store.

Otherwise, it was going to be a lazy day…just soaking in the Bali sunshine, exploring the hotel grounds, and enjoying each other’s company. The Mercure has free breakfast every morning, and so our first order of business was to amble down to the restaurant. The Pandawa restaurant was nestled right beside the main pool, with a panoramic view of the beach and ocean. And the breakfast was incredible! The Pandawa offered a vast variety of western, European, and Asian selections.

After breakfast we took a stroll out onto the beach and around the hotel’s tropical garden. We were very pleased with the tranquility of this resort. It wasn’t too boisterous, but not monotonous, either. There were plenty of activities going on if that’s what you were looking for: scuba lessons, volleyball on the beach, tennis, and even Bahasa language classes. Oh, and they also had their spa!

Around lunch time we decided to take the hotel’s shuttle into Kuta and see some sights, do some shopping, and have something to eat.

Once in Kuta, things started getting a little more congested with traffic and pedestrians. We walked down the main street alongside the beach, visited a few shops (including Hard Rock Café and Hard Rock Hotel where I bought my first souvenir), checked out the Wave club for the Bali meet-up in January, stopped at the Pizza Hut for a tropical drink to cool down, and sometime during the day checked into the grocery store. Although, my chronological clock might be a little off…time really had no meaning here for me! It could be that we went to the grocery store the next day (Asri will correct me)!!! Haha

Back at our hotel we ended the day out on the beach at the Mercure's beach bar with some drinks and the sunset. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day!!! And so that was our first day in Bali, and I was falling in love!

Lacey007 says:
Awwwww, you're a romantic! Happy you found your utopia and the love of your life, James. (",)
Posted on: Nov 10, 2009
Breakfast at the Mercure
Breakfast at the Mercure
This is a different Mercure hotel,…
This is a different Mercure hotel…
Bali