Day 11 - Beach Time!

Bali Travel Blog

Today was one of those lackadaisical days with nothing on the agenda except spending time together, soaking up the tropical paradise down on the beach, and just forgetting the world. Shortly after breakfast we stuffed our laundry bag with towels, sunscreen, cameras, and bottled water and walked down to Klapa via a shortcut through the golf course.

The best time to enjoy the beach was before lunch, when the only people out there were the surfers. Asri set up our camp on the beach and waited patiently all morning as I played in the ocean. The waves here were really good, supposedly some of the best surfing in all of Bali. But since I am not a surfer, I was content just being hit by the crashing waves and letting the little ‘kid’ inside of me have fun. As I was out there in the ocean, it dawned on me that now I had swam on both sides of the Indian Ocean…first in Mozambique, and now in Bali.

After I finished playing in the water we walked up the beach where the cliffs and caves were and took pictures. And at lunchtime we went back up to Klapa and ordered drinks and just lounged around on the deck, enjoying the beautiful views.

Later, we returned back to the hotel; and that about sums up how we spent the day. It was a perfectly lazy day without a care in the world; just the sun, sand, surf, and sweet Susanty!!!

pearcetoyou says:
It's pretty nice, still in development, though. That's why it's so quiet!
Posted on: Aug 12, 2011
Jopin says:
Wow, Dreamland beach is absolutely gorgeous! And so quiet! :D
Posted on: Aug 11, 2011
At the golf course next to our hot…
At the golf course next to our ho…
Dreamland Beach
Dreamland Beach
Thats me!
That's me!
A rabid dog picture for Erin!
A rabid dog picture for Erin!
photo by: mr_shanet