Day 10 - Our Kuta Adventures

Bali Travel Blog

Sarj, Andre, and Asri

Today we decided to make a trip into Kuta for some shopping, dining out, get some laundry done, and getting my first massage at a spa. Sometime around midmorning we hitched a ride with one of the hotel’s shuttle vans and drove back into civilization. As usual, the streets of Kuta were busy with vehicles and pedestrians. We were dropped off at the Discovery mall, then proceeded to drop off our laundry, buy flip-flops, Bali coffee beans, sunscreen, and some goodies from BreadTalk. We then began searching for a spa and finally decided on the Palmarosa. Asri opted for the full massage and I chose the feet/ legs/shoulder massage. We had beds beside each other and I kept my focus on Asri getting her massage as I tried not laughing from the massage I was getting on my feet! Well, I am very ticklish, if you’re wondering.

J

After the massage we wandered back to Discovery mall, had some lunch in a restaurant inside, and then went into Starbuck’s for an afternoon mocha and cappuccino. As we were having our drinks, I suddenly stood up and started waving outside. Asri was wondering who in the heck I knew in Bali that I would be waving at. Well, it was Andre and Sarj coming up the steps of the Discovery mall. Imagine us running into each other just by chance here in Kuta. They spotted me immediately and joined us inside. We visited for a while, talking about what we had all been doing in the 3 days since we last seen each other. They had walked down from their hotel to see the sunset, so as they left to go on the beach side, we went to the street side to wait on our hotel shuttle.

Probably 45 minutes passed, our shuttle had not arrived, and here came Andre and Sarj again.

If we had known our shuttle wouldn’t have been there we would have joined them. As it turned out, Rini and Santo (whom we had met with on Monday) had looked at our pictures on TB from when we met Andre and Sarj the first time and then recognized Sarj on the beach because of her red camera that was in the pictures. She came up to her and said, “Oh, you must be Sarj!”

So we had a good laugh about how all of us just kept happening upon each other.

Asri and I eventually caught our ride back to the hotel…..

Awesome bakery in Kuta
Awesome bakery in Kuta
Kuta
Kuta
At the spa!
At the spa!
My first massage!!!
My first massage!!!
We just happened to run into Andre…
We just happened to run into Andr…
Me, Andre, and Sarj