Ouaga --> Tripoli --> Brussels --> Antwerp

Ouagadougou Travel Blog

The flight back went less smoothly than at the beginning of my trip. The plane to Tripoli was very, very late. This got me some extra time with my boy, having drinks at the bar outside the airport, just a few metres away from where we first met in 2008. But even after they told us to check in, it seemed to take forever until boarding started.

Flying overnight is never fun, but I was lucky enough to get two seats to myself, so I just stretched out and fell asleep quickly. Only to be woken up by the flight attendents who insisted to give me food. I want to yell "It's the middle of the night, normal people don't eat now, they sleep!" but instead I just mumbled "No thanks." After that, I could hardly sleep anymore.

According to the flight schedule, I should've had to kill a few hours in Tripoli airport, but being as late as we were, I had mere minutes to change planes. I hurried to the transit lounge (being held up by the Mexican flue checkers once again, which doesn't make any sense coming from Africa), where someone asked me if I was headed from Brussels. From that point on, I was accompanied all the way to the plane by helpful young men. Made me feel like a VIP. It was entirely useless, as many other people coming from Ouaga came behind me, and then when every one of them had made it on the plane, we had to wait for passangers from yet another plane to arrive, but it was a fun experience.

Despite the malaria, it was a very nice trip. Can't wait to go back - tickets booked for next month :) On Royal Air Maroc, via Casablanca, this time.

Ouagadougou