Africa at last

Ouagadougou Travel Blog

It's too bad a trip to Burkina Faso always has to start in Ouaga (unless you come in overland). After a trip around Burkina, one can appreciate the luxuries of the capital city, such as electricity and running water, but it never gives a good first impression. And I think I really have seen everything there is to be seen there by now.

The flight went smoothly, but I had a long time to wait in Casablanca, and just not enough to go and check out Casablanca as the airport is quite far from the city. So I had a long day before finally arriving in Ouaga. All day I had been looking forward to staying at Le Pavillon Vert again, as that is the only place in Ouaga I do love. So I was quite disappointed when my boyfriend told me it had suffered damage from rain and was now closed for repairs.

Anyway after a few days in Ouaga I was really glad to leave. We could borrow a car from a friend, and two other friends joined us for a roadtrip to the Sahel region, my boyfriend's colleage Albert, and Hama who drove the car (and meticulously washed it every day). So I was travelling with two guides and a driver, just for me ;) The car was great, I don't like 4x4s in Belgium but in Burkina such a car is actually useful.

Ouagadougou Nightlife & Entertainment review
relaxed outside bar with music, food and souvenir stands
The Jardin de l'AmitiĆ© is a good place to go both during the day and at night. It's a big garden with tables between the treas, so you can sit in the… read entire review
Ouagadougou Hotels & Accommodations review
nice but somewhat overpriced
As the Pavillon Vert was closed for repairs, we had to look for another hotel. Hotel Koulouba is not far from the airport, and a bit closer to the cen… read entire review
Ouagadougou