Juneau without leaving the ship

Juneau Travel Blog

The few who did get off quickly got back on when their tours were cancelled. (Note the net to catch anyone blown off the ramp up to the ship -- very windy!)

The weather turned very bad and from the time we got up in the morning on it was raining hard and the wind was howling.  It was so bad that I think every on shore tour was cancelled.  That meant we wouldn’t be going on the Whale watching tour or the short trip to Mendenhall Glacier.  Both were things we had wanted to do.

So we spent the day relaxing and taking it easy, like you are supposed to do on a vacation.  Had a nice lunch which even included a warm Mango struddle with hot Vanilla sauce poured over the top.  (No wonder we gained weight on the cruise!)

Dinner was with two other nice couples and I had veal.  A nice enjoyable dinner.

We were supposed to depart Juneau at 8:30 pm but earlier in the evening the captain announced that they would be departing 2 hours later to avoid some very large waves (reportedly 16 feet).  I had felt the rocking of the ship in 6 foot waves, so I was all for missing the big ones.

We took in a show in the aft showroom after dinner.  A crooner did lots of the Platters songs and then a few Broadway hits.  Then back to the stateroom to hit the sack.

Koralifix says:
Congrats on being featured! Very well done!
Posted on: Oct 15, 2009
The few who did get off quickly go…
The few who did get off quickly g…
photo by: amudha_colaco