Go tell Lord Grenville, that the tide is on the turn...

IJmuiden Travel Blog

Waiting in line

Ready to sail to England, to have the first part of our holidays.
We, that is myself, my wife, daughter and her friend. I made the plans for-, and booked our first week:
A trip by boat (DFDS Seaways) (note H2: they do not pay me, but I know what they do to promote Scotland)
One week in the Brunston Castle Holiday park in Dailly, Scotland, then a trip by boat (DFDS again) to Bergen, Norway.
The rest of the trip was not booked, but planned (and backed up) by my daughter:)

Much to early we leave Heerewaarden for IJmuiden to take the boat. There are no traffic jams so we enter the pre boarding platform an hour before boarding starts. This platform is not much fun: no bathroom, no coffee, no view, nothing, just waiting.

But after some time the gates open and we can pass into the boarding platform. Here waiting is less unpleasant as there is a bar, bathroom and you are next to the ship.
When the boarding starts we are all exited to find out how the ship is, and how our hut will be. (DFDS had changed ships from the Scandinavian line to IJmuiden)

We go to our hut and drop our luggage. First stop is the restaurant to book the early round for dinner. Then we explore the ship. It is a nice ship with beautiful bars, shops and lounges.

Big boats, those ferries