Colca Canyon, Cruz del C贸ndor

Colca Canyon Travel Blog

Another early start. It took about an hour and a half to drive to Colca Canyon, one of the world鈥檚 deepest gorges. Also said to be deeper than the Grand Canyon in California (USA).

On our way (bad road) we saw many Inca terraces, beautiful mountains, R铆o Colca and finally, even before reaching Cruz del C贸ndor (Condor Crossing) we saw condors, those majestic birds! The condors use the thermal air currents produced in the early morning or the early evening. That鈥檚 why we had to get up that early J

From Cruz del C贸ndor we walked about 45 minutes, following the ravine. Breath taking scenery!

On our way back we stopped at a village with a beautiful church (forgot about the name, sorry!).

In the late afternoon we went to 鈥淟a Calera鈥, for a dip in the hot water springs (rich of sulphur and iron). Very relaxing!

Back at the hotel we had a celebration; because of my birthday my travel companions sung for me. I had to hit down a 鈥榩inata鈥 (filled with sweets and small gifts for the kids, only no kids around ;-)) and they bought me a birthday cake. Loved it!!

Wow!