Lima

Lima Travel Blog

After a short visit to Lima in 2002 Peru was on my list of countries ‘to be visited’. I finally had the chance to travel around (South) Peru!

Had to leave my house real early (5.30 am) to get to Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport). Flight KL 0743 brought us to Lima in about 12 hours.

After driving 45 minutes we reached our hotel in Miraflores, Lima. Hotel Andina Private Collection turned out to be a good place to stay. Although it was a very short night J

(wake up call next morning was at 3.30 am ;-( !)

During this short stay in Lima I had the opportunity to meet Yadi (Yadilitta).

Miraflores

She was so sweet to pick me up in the hotel and to be my private guide to Miraflores and Barranco for a couple of hours.

We first visited Parque del Amor with the mosaic wall and the famous statue “El Beso” (The Kiss) made by Victor Delfín.

Next we drove to Barranco, a nice neighbourhood. We walked through Parque Municipal, there was an art exhibition from countries all over the world. We passed the “Puente de los Suspiros” (Bridge of Sighs, no, I won’t tell my wish ;-)))) and saw some nice illuminated churches.

We returned to Miraflores and went to Larcomar shopping mall. We found a table in ‘Mango’s’, a nice restaurant overlooking the Great Ocean. We had a drink and some snacks. But most of all we talked and talked. About Peru, about The Netherlands, about travelling………. I’m so happy we had the chance to meet. Yadi, thank you very much for this lovely evening!!!

By the way; Yadilitta wrote a blog about our meeting; “Meeting travbuddies II :)”, entry 92, September 19, 2009 (http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/42428/Back-TB-Meet-Ups-met-sweet-new-92).

aswold says:
Congratulations on your feature! I can't wait to read more about your trip
Posted on: Oct 25, 2009
Vlindeke says:
Thanks so much for the congrats! I'm still working on my blog :-)
Posted on: Oct 21, 2009
DADKA says:
Ineke, congrat on being featured! Nice blog!
Posted on: Oct 21, 2009
Yadi and me :-)
Yadi with a small Dutch souvenir
Yadi with a small Dutch souvenir
Lima Hotels & Accommodations review
Luxury hotel at a good location in Miraflores
A luxury hotel at a very good location in Miraflores. Nice lobby, friendly staff. Great rooms with flat screen television. I just adored the beds w… read entire review
Lima