Observaciones y La Primera Noche

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

the inside of the house at the bbq
Okay, so I'm going to outline the differences/interesting things I've noticed so far. 1. The difference in dress: stylish and unique 2. The lack of overweight/obese people. 3. The prevalence of smoking: We went to a dance club last night and there was a cloud of smoke above us. As well, there are no laws like in Atlanta, so people were on the dance floor with lit cigarettes in their hands! Luckily I escaped with no burns. 4. The lack of driving ability!! I think I almost got in 5 car crashes last night. What do they do wrong when driving? 1) Lines are more like suggestions than rules. They drive in two lanes at once, in lanes that dont exist, but certainly not in the actual lane that is painted on the road. 2) Turn signals??? what are those??? 3) I don't think that they have heard of speed limits. I'm not even sure they exist. 5. Ummm schedule differences. The clubs(boliches) don't close til 8am or later. I got in at 6. *these will have to do for now, but I'll update them. LAST NIGHT: We got the chance to go to a bbq at the house of the director of the residencia. It was nice to see what an upper-middle class Argentine house was like. It was very nice. I believe that Buenos Aires is more expansive with fewer high rises, while Atlanta is smaller in area. The house had a backyard and small swimming pool. Not typical for a home in downtown Atlanta. They had some appetizers, dinner, and wine. I had a couple glasses(don't worry mom and dad, it was over a 4hour period). We came back to the residencia around 2 and then back out to go dancing. At first, I didn't like the club. There were 2 dance floors. One was techno music, the other regular. We were at the techno one at first which amounted to a bunch of people jammed so tightly into a room that you literally couldn't even begin to dance, so you stood. Then, the second was a little more spread out and as the night went on they played better music an some people left giving us more room. Then suddenly, it was 6am. Wow I surprisingly woke up at 11 and was wide awake(I expect that I will crash tonight). A few of us went out for breakfast, and now I'm doing some reading. After all, I have classes, too! Hasta Luego!