Mendoza: Qué Bonito!

Mendoza Travel Blog

us at the hostel
Today was our first day in Mendoza. We arrived at the bus terminal around 9am, and came straight to the hostel. They have activities planned for the next three days, so we decided to sign up for them. Today was a half-day of winery tours. I went for a quick run, shower, and lunch, then at 2 we were off. While I was running, I decided that i would love to live here, only I’m not sure what kind of jobs they have available, tour guide? hostel manager? there’s gotta be something. I absolutely love this place though. It’s a small city with bars, clubs, theaters, and nightlife, but three blocks away from our hostel is a HUGE park. Not to mention, tnere are wineries in one direction and mountains for hiking, biking, rafting, etc. in the other. What more could you ask for? Shopping, you say? They’ve got that, too. The two wineries we visited were small ones. I enjoyed the first more so than the second, and bought a wine that is a dessert wine and quite sweet. After the two wineries we went to tour a chocolate factory(my favorite place!) where I bought some chocolate, some of which I hope makes it home. The seven of us here went to dinner afterwards(none of the restaurants here open for dinner til 8!!!). I was tired the whole time through dinner, so I’m glad to be sitting back in my bed in the hostel. I’m not sure how I’m going to upload these to my blog yet, because we don’t have wireless here, but oh well.
ciao.