Estoy Lista

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

I'm ready(estoy lista). I can feel that it's time for me to come home. I have definitely enjoyed my time spent here, but I'm ready to see some familiar faces. I think that for my first trip abroad that this was the perfect length. I just got used to everything. I know where I am, what I like here, where I like to go and do, and I feel like I got a taste for the culture. I'd like to stay longer to learn more, but I'll save that for a return trip ;). I think I could have done things differently, and I'll try to make the most of my last week here. By the way, spanish has a word for make the most of, aprovechar. I like that word. I wish we had one in english, it's a good thing to do. Anyway, I have a few things I'd do differently if I were to do this trip over again. I would have read more of my guidebooks before arriving, so that I could have ideas of places I wanted to go and things I wanted to see right when I got here. I would have practiced my spanish more while I've been here. I'm just now hanging out with the spanish-speaking people at my residencia, and I think I really could have improved my spanish much more had I started hanging out with them more. Plus, I didn't like hanging out in a big group of americans the whole time, so that would have alleviated that. I like to have a variety of groups to hang out with, and I didn't have that here until recently. I would have kept a better routine while I was here, because though I got a lot of stuff done, I also felt like I wasted a lot of time. I would have spent my money more carefully and on things that I thought were more important. Something I did well, though, was that I didn't go shopping until partway through the trip. I think that helped me because I had time to go back and buy the stuff that I really did want, and I came across better deals on some of the things that I had wanted to buy. I would have bought a guía t on arrival. A guía t is a little book that has maps of the city and all the bus routes. That would have saved money from cab rides. I would have ordered more steaks(they are that good). I would have researched argentine fútbol beforehand. I wouldn;t have brought so much clothes. I did like that I brought flats though, because we did a lot of walking, and you really do stick out if you wear flipflop(even on sunny days). I would have taken more walks around the parks(I took one yesterday, and it was nice). I would have run more around the parks and gone to spinning class less. I would have locked up my chargers so they wouldn't get stolen. I would have taken more pictues(and, sorry mom, brought a smaller camera). I would have gotten a cell phone here. It's much easier to keep in touch with everyone that way. I would have flown home for the family reunion/vacation for the weekend. Despite all of these "would haves" I have had a great time. I have learned a lot, and grown a lot(I think anyway, you can tell what you think next time you see me). I think I got a perspective on the US and Americans that I have never had before. Coming here really does open up your eyes a little, not completely yet, and I can admit that. But I know how lucky I am to be in the situation I am. To have the family and friends I have, and live in the country that I do. I am truly more grateful for having come here.
Love you all