Traumatized by a burglar @ Sandals Grande Ocho Rios, Jamaica

San Francisco Travel Blog

We have booked this trip 6 months in advance, to celebrate both of our birthdays in which my wife and I birthdays are a week apart. We arrived at the hotel almost midnight because we have to wait for other passengers at the Sandals Airport Lounge for over an hour. It took another 2 hours to get from Montego Bay Airport to Ocho Rios, so by the time we arrive at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios was around 11:50 pm. All the restaurant are closed, but there was a grill that served burgers & fries. My wife and I are tired so went to our room that resembles a cottage and the bed is set in the middle of the living room. In order to get to the balcony, you must go around the bed to do so, which had a view of the backyard wall. The rest of the amenities were just ok. There were four restaurants, but always have same menu everyday and night. The Arizona & Bayside, serves American food & San Genaro & Valentino's serves Italian food. No other choice of food, unless you want to go to the Manor Side. On our 4th night, we were tired of same menus. I don't recommend staying longer than 4 days in this resort. Our last night of stay, we woke on the sound of the alarm clock around 215am. I got up from the bed and I noticed that the drapes were push to the side just a little and the door to the balcony was ajar. I took a look outside and I saw the check out envelope on the patio chair. I remember that envelope being on top of my laptop, when I went back in the room to check my laptop, it was missing! Burglar had came to our room while we were sleeping and stole my laptop full of pictures from the last 7 years of travel.