last day in Bangkok before flying home early

Bangkok Travel Blog

After my early morning flight from Samui to Bangkok, I put my bag into storage and headed for a taxi to the temples. I bumped into a Canadian guy who was doing the same thing so we shared a cab.  He was a really decent and interesting person. We had a good talk in the taxi and then went our seperate ways as we were going to different places.

I did the ususal look around Wat Po and Wat Arun.  Was not expecting the reclining Buddha to be so big. was really impressed.

On the way to get the ferry over to Wat Arun I had an amazing piece of coincidence.  I thought I was at the wrong jetty. There was one other English couple there so got talking to them.  It turned out he was the co pilot on my flight that night back to heathrow. Of all the people in Bangkok I bumped into him on some random jetty in the middle of nowhere. Amazing.  He offered to upgrade me to business class for the flight back but I didnt really have any smart clothes with me.  Typical !!  The world is truly a small place.

I then took a cab to the airport and cleaned myself up as best as possible and finally flew home to see my girlfriend. :)

not what I wanted to see while wai…
not what I wanted to see while wa…
life on the river