Koh tao

Koh Tao Travel Blog

Today I rented a scooter and explored the island. For those of you that have been there before you will know that didnt take long.  It was good to have a ride around though and I discovered the main beach.  The next day I moved up to this beach and found a hut to stay in.  I was actually qite surprised how expensive it was though. I thought thailand would be cheaper than what it was. It didnt help that it was the day after the full moon party on Koh Pha Ngan and everybody came over to Koh Tao to chill out and virtually every room was taken.

The beach was really cool and a very laid back place.  I enjoyed the sunsets the most when everyone would meet at the beachbars for happy hour and watch the sun go down while getting slightly drunk :) There were a lot of couples here and groups of younger people.

I thought there might be more people my own age but not so.  I did miss my girlfriend a lot at these times. A reccurring theme in this blog.

I moved to a different cottage the following day and opted for no air conditioning as it wasnt so hot.  I wasnt sure how long I was going to stay here. I had no real plan and just kept staying one more night, then another, and another. Its that sort of place.

On my last day It started raining just after lunch and it did not stop all afternoon.  I had taken shelter in one of the beachside bars and found myself in the company of a Danish man who's family had retreated to their rooms.  We had a great afternoon drinking plenty of beer and talking about every subject possible.  Rain doesn't always have to ruin everything!

Because of the weather I decided it was finally time to move on and find out for myself whether Koh Samui was as bad as I had been told.... So I booked the ferry and packed  ready for the next morning.

borneonikieta says:
Koh Tao sounds like paradise. Might have to reconsider now. The reason why I got put off by the ferry is that I get seasick easily. Do you remember the place where you stayed in Koh Tao? The price of the place? and how to get to Koh Tao - which pier and flight I should take from Bangkok? Many thanks!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2009
first sunset
first sunset
really cool place to chill out for…
really cool place to chill out fo…
second sunset