Bangkok to Koh Tao.

Koh Tao Travel Blog

In the lavatories at Samui airport

Woke early and took a taxi to the airport.  The driver drove so fast. I really thought I was going to die. Not exactly the most modern car and did not feel good in the back.  Anyway I made it in one piece and had a great short flight to Samui. This was a great decision. The sort of luxury you can afford on a short holiday. This same plane actually skidded off the runway about 2 weeks later at Samui whilst landing and tragically the pilot was killed.

I had a couple of hours to fill before the ferry left so had a walk along Bophut beach and check it out. I was thinking of staying up here when I came back to Samui.  Im glad I did  as I wasn't very impressed. It was quite dirty and very quiet.  I was in the sun too long and was starting to feel sick so was happy to see the 7 eleven.

That was the best water I had drunk in ages.

Finally time to take the ferry to Koh Tao.  I booked the slow boat and found a good seat up top.  It was a really great sail up to  Koh Tao and if you have the time I would reccomend taking the slow boat instedd of the noisy faster high speed ferry.

Upon arrival I met up with a fellow TBer, Paula (essextraveller) and had a beer and good talk.

Finally I had some company and was looking forward to a good meal and somebody to speak with.  I was a bit disappointed as I found out Paula doesn't really drink and she went off to bed about 9pm.  Once again I had a lonely night, so I poured myself a spiced rum and coke and sat outside my room drinking alone.  We had agreed to rent scooters the next day and have a look around the island.

shuttle buses at Samui airport
shuttle buses at Samui airport
Bophut beach , north Samui.
Bophut beach , north Samui.
only took this as its my daughters…
only took this as its my daughter…
ferry to Koh tao