London Travel Blog

DAY 1

Arrival in London

I left Charlotte on Friday and landed in London on Saturday May 5. My friend Andy was waiting for me at the airport already. Once I got all my stuff together we headed for the train station to take us to Richmond. When we got to Richmond area we stoped and got something to eat at a japanese restaurant called Wagamamas, which was really good. After that we walked to the Richmond University dorms where I stayed at with my friend.

Around the campus there is a very nice park were I took a walk, the view was incredible. There were also few shops and pubs around the corner, which I of course just had to see.
In Richmond area of London
The houses are a little different from the ones I'm used to seeing in NC. In London the houses are a lot closer together, they dont have big yards, and cars are parked outside. Speaking of cars, there are lots of nice cars everywhere in London, and most of them are small, in other words, you dont see Big Trucks, Hummers, Jeeps, etc. All cars have their stearing wheels on the right side of the car.

We also stoped at a Cafe in one of those small shops you find just outside the train station in the Richmond area. At night I had an Angus Beef burger with chips (fries), which was not bad. Oh yes, evertything in London seems to cost more because for every British Pound it equals almost about 2 US Dollars, in other words everything seems to be doubled the price, if you are coming from America and thinking about going to England, its a good idea to take with you stuff that you wont have to buy once you are there, like batteries for cameres and other things you can save up money on.
Richmond Station